inomed Medizintechnik - Facts and Figures
From start-up to a leading international medical device company
- inomed was established in 1991 by Rudi Mattmüller and Dieter Mussler. At that time, the company was located in Teningen near Freiburg.
- inomed employs around 165 employees.
- In 2010, the company moved to purpose-built headquarters in Emmendingen, the gateway to Germany’s Black Forest.
- inomed operates on a global basis with direct inomed subsidiary operations located in the following locations:
- inomed UK Limited, London, UK
- inomed Polska, Danzig, Poland
- inomed products are distributed in more than 80 other countries and are used in more than 4,000 clinics. About 500,000 patients benefit from inomed products every year.
- More than 15% of the yearly return are invested in research and development
- German Chancellor Dr. Angela Merkel attended the world's largest medical technology trade show in Dusseldorf (MEDICA) in 2010. As a part of her visit, the Federal Chancellor came to the inomed booth, recognizing inomed as a leading company from Baden.
- inomed received an innovation award from the state of Baden-Württemberg, in recognition of its work on developing the ISIS MER portable system. The award was presented to inomed by the renowned Dr. Rudolf Eberle. The innovation award is presented by the State of Baden-Wurttemberg to companies in the region that demonstrate exemplary accomplishments in the development of new products, processes and technology services, or in the application of state-of-the-art technology.
- In 2013 >>, inomed was named one of the "Top 100" most innovative medium-sized businesses in Germany. This award also recognized inomed for its commitment to innovation. Much of the groundwork for this award was laid by Prof. Dr. Nikolaus Franke and his team at the Chair of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, at the Vienna University of Economics and Business. "This achievement is the result of a committed team effort by the management team and our employees," said inomed Chief Operating Officer, Dieter Mussler, "and it demonstrates that we are pursuing the right strategy in our company. We will build on this success to further improve innovation, management and value-creation at inomed."
- In 2016 >>, inomed wins the German Industry Award "Industriepreis Medizintechnik 2016" in the Medical Technology category.